Fashion with a Splash of New Beginnings
A Time for New Beginnings!
Easter is often marked by colored Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies, marshmallow peeps, getting together with family and friends and yes another holiday that we use as an excuse to drink too much good wine and eat too much good food. I say keep ‘em coming! Easter is also a great time for new beginnings.
Easter is a Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Regardless of your religious beliefs, the idea of a resurrection or a rebirth is an amazing opportunity for all of us to start fresh. For many of us in the world, Easter comes at the same time as Spring - a time when nature is waking up: the snow is thawing, blossoms appear on trees, flowers begin to bloom. It is such an exciting time after a long winter. Growing up in Upstate NY, where the winters were long and cold, I could tell winter was over as Spring would bring a very distinct crisp smell in the air. It was such a welcome and inspiring smell as I knew Summer was just around the corner. It was a time we knew we could put away the winter coats and start shedding some layers.
Easter, like Springtime, is our opportunity to shed the unwanted layers we are carrying that do not serve us. Life can bring us winter doldrums. We get stuck in a situation or in a rut in life and we don’t know how to get out. In some cases, we don’t even realize we are in it and we can make excuses that tend to keep us in this phase for longer than we need to be. Most of the time, we don’t change our situation even when we know we are in a rut, because the idea of change is scary. Sure what’s going on is not ideal, but there is comfort in knowing how things go down each day - so we stay there. That certainty makes us feel like we are in control, but the reality is we are allowing the certainty to control us. When we decide we deserve more, and create an action plan to achieve it, that is when we take control and get to lead the life we want.
The Easter season is a perfect time to take an introspective look at life and ask yourself if you are living the life you want. Ask yourself if you are happy and doing the things you need to get into a place you want to be and deserve to be. If the answer is no, then there is no better time than now for a fresh start!
The late Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker once said, “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.”
If you are ready to take a step and make a new beginning for yourself, there are so many wonderful videos, books, podcasts and blogs from amazing leaders like Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins (personal favorite), or Brendan Bruchard. If you want to be truly inspired, Nick Vujicic , born without limbs, is an author and international motivational speaker. A few minutes listening to him and you will know anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
If you don’t know where to start, or feel overwhelmed, remember every journey starts with a step. Here is a short list of things you can do to get you on your way.
- Make a list of what you want to accomplish and ideally by when you want to achieve it
- Post this on your bathroom mirror, at work, in your car or wherever you will see it.
- Stop and read it multiple times a day
- Make a list of anything you can think of that you need to do to make it happen
- Tackle the easy ones first as this will give you a sense of accomplishment
- Break down the more difficult ones so you have a plan for them
- Ask yourself who can help. If you don’t know anyone, join groups
- Each week - have a plan for what you are going to tackle that week. Each morning, review your plan for the day.
- Tell people about your goals. The more people you talk to about it, the more you will feel compelled to make it happen. Join a group or find a friend to help hold you accountable
- Get a Coach to help you in your journey.
“Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks.
Life is happening now.” — Paulo Coelho
The time for new beginnings is now, so take this opportunity to reflect on where you want to be and make it happen!